My name is Adrienn. I’m a physiotherapist from Hungary. I’m working with multiply handicapped children for 12 years.
I do physiotherapy, hidroterpy and I’m working with animal assested therapy with them.
I think the dolphintherapy is one of the most effective animal assested therapies , to support the development of the nervous system.
The last 10 days I was working with a child with Angelman Syndrom. We worked with the dolphins, every day and I gave hidrotherapy sessions to him. He likes the water very much.
The mooving coordination, the ballance become betterHe developed lot during the dolphintherapy process.
- Walking became more stabil and well ballanced (He could went up the stairs allone)
- The motivation of doing something allone, to solve problems was better
- The cooperation, concentration and communication skills were getting better
- It was also a big step of the development, that he began to play (with us and with toys as well)
- He was getting more relaxed
- The Stereotyped Movements were recreased- e.g. biting, grab, pulling hair, to put all thing in his mouth were reduced
I suggested the parents
- to keep on working with animals (e.g. hyppotherapy, dog assisted therapy, repeat dolphintherapy)
- to do water bodywork therapies and hydrotherapy
- to do sensomotoric training, art therapy and ergotherapy
- try to teach him for self-sufficiency and self-determination -put on the dress, to eat, drink, go to the toilet (it was getting also better)
- enter into new ways of communication, like PCS pictures would be also effective
So we ended a very successfull, 10 days therapy process. The therapy theam of the child must be working on the further development in the future.